Exciting news for anybody living in or near Virginia! There is a brand new re-enactment group called the Regency Society of Virginia. This is of particular interest to people like me who live near Washington, D.C. and have despaired of finding a casual (but knowledgeable) group of people on the East Coast who aren't doing Revolutionary or Civil War events. I quote from their website:-
"Do you adore Jane Austen and her works (or the movies based upon them)? Are you a War of 1812 or Napoleonic Wars re-enactor? Perhaps you love the fashions of the Regency era or wish you had a place to wear such finery? Enjoy the elegance of an English Country Dance?...We are a group of early 19th century enthusiasts who seek to unite all those who wish to recapture the refinement and civil society of this by-gone age. Join us in this, our inaugural year, as we host workshops, costumed events, lectures and more with a distinctly Regency flavor."
Sounds like fun to me! Excuse me while I go plan some Regency costumes.
The diary of an eighteenth century French noblewoman, and information relating to her world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
For Your Chateau
With another successful Fetes Galante complete at the Chateau de Versailles, I thought we'd have a Versailles-themed FYC. Enjoy this d...
-
With another successful Fetes Galante complete at the Chateau de Versailles, I thought we'd have a Versailles-themed FYC. Enjoy this d...
-
I owe you all I good post, not only because I have been so remiss in updating lately, but because I am likely to remain a little less prolif...
-
During the uprising of the Vendee when royalists in southern France clashed with the French Republic troops, the young (royalist) general He...

Commented on the wrong post. This sounds like just the group for you. I wish I lived close enough!
ReplyDeleteI've been collecting images in preparation for some serious sewing ever since I found it.
ReplyDelete