Wednesday, January 19, 2011

January 18th, 1781

The party on the twelfth was most enjoyable, though both F- and T- were in attendance. They were tolerably pleasant to one another, and as always happens masks, and some shoes, were lost long before the end of the evening.

A loan from T- enabled me to keep abreast of my expenses, but unless Chateaugay sells soon I will need another solution. I have let it be known that I will be quitting Sully and most of it's staff and furnishings in a few months, ostensibly in preparation for the wedding in May. F- increasingly presses me to take up residence at his home in town, while his sister acts as chaperone, but I am cherishing the last of my independence while I have it. There is the question of where we will live once married, and I think that F- supposes it will be at his home in Franconville-aux-Bois, but I long to return to my quiet and beloved Saint Saturnin. We may, of course, split our time between them.

Olympe, Comtesse

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Your Chateau

  With another successful Fetes Galante complete at the Chateau de Versailles, I thought we'd have a Versailles-themed FYC. Enjoy this d...