Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Trivia Monday!

Augustintytär  was the first to correctly guess the answer to last week's trivia question "This novel, published in 1782, was immensely popular in it's day and caused quite a stir for the licentious behavior depicted. It remains popular to this day, and has been made into plays, movies, and even an opera."

The answer, as many of you know, was Dangerous Liasons.

Banker Chick pointed out that there tends to be a French theme to the questions, which is pretty true but this week features a blend of French and German:-

There was a vast miniature palace and town commissioned by Princess Dorothea of Schwarzburg-Arnstadt in the 18th century. What was the name of that grand project?

2 comments:

  1. Mon Plaisir, I guess the princess bankrupted her husband and died in debt to the Catholic Church. It still exists. I love dolls and doll housed, This question has sent me off in a flurry of research.
    Here is a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hdN_krrYZ0&feature=player_embedded

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correct! You got that much faster than I was expecting anyone to. I have loved Mon Plaisir since I first discovered it back in the early '90s. I have seen and enjoyed that video, and will have to re-post it next Monday.

    ReplyDelete

For Your Chateau

  With another successful Fetes Galante complete at the Chateau de Versailles, I thought we'd have a Versailles-themed FYC. Enjoy this d...