Saturday, August 29, 2020

For Your Chateau


In this installment of, what I've decided to continue calling, "For Your Chateau" we find an assortment of luscious textiles and table linens as well as decorative arts for living and dining. There are loads of these ornamental brass curtain tie backs on Etsy and similar sites, but they can go fast. I awoke this morning to find that two such things on my favorites list had been bought overnight, so I guess the moral of the story is, if you like it, buy it. In my case payday is always just a little far away. C'est la vie.

I'm certainly drawn to these little pewter plates with their variable designs in heraldic motifs. Given that they ship from France, the cost to ship (Free) and the shipping time (1-8 days) is really surprisingly good. The stories behind each plate's sigil are really enlightening and make me want to learn more about each monarch they represent. 

I dearly wish the faded blue and white fabric was in better condition (and that I had that kind of money to just throw around). It's a lovely design and a pretty large amount of fabric on the whole, plus I have one lonely window in my sitting room that is crying out for a feature dressing and that would be perfect. Alas, I think it would be hard to make that amount of damage disappear even in, say, a tightly ruched valance. Perhaps it could be cut up into pillows or something smaller from the less-damaged parts? I'm always loathe to cut into antique textiles. 

Have you found or acquired something similar to these? What or who are your go-to vendors? Leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Your Chateau

  With another successful Fetes Galante complete at the Chateau de Versailles, I thought we'd have a Versailles-themed FYC. Enjoy this d...