Sunday, November 29, 2009

November 29, 1779


Such a busy week. S- is back at my lever, and M- has been successively frustrated by attempts to see me alone, only to find that his rivals abound. My dear friends F- and R- have been in on the plot, and they find great amusement in the farce. This week should bring the climactic event, if the weather favors our plans.
Having been thwarted in his desires by the presence of others, M- has managed to send me some very passionate notes. I have been careful not to commit any vows to paper, but with the favor I have shown him, I think it will be simple enough to bring the matter to it's conclusion.
Let men beware the cunning of women!

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Your Chateau

  With another successful Fetes Galante complete at the Chateau de Versailles, I thought we'd have a Versailles-themed FYC. Enjoy this d...