Tuesday, March 22, 2011

February 20th, 1781

No word yet from Calais, but it is probably too soon to expect anything from T-. I remain shut up in l'Hotel de Sully, and have sent a myriad of notes to explain my absence, for I do not wish to air my private concerns even to my dear friends.

I have forgotten in all of the turmoil to record the sale of Chateaugay at last. The money from the sale will aid me greatly in settling my debts, but the lawyers have not completed their part as of yet, and so I must wait to receive the funds I so desperately need.

I pace, and pet Reinette, and try to read, but I am uneasy, restless. I feel as if something is coming for me and I cannot escape. I am afraid of my own dreams, that they should be nightmares.
Olympe, Comtesse

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Your Chateau

  With another successful Fetes Galante complete at the Chateau de Versailles, I thought we'd have a Versailles-themed FYC. Enjoy this d...