Friday, August 14, 2020

For Your Chateau- Etsy Finds

 I don't know about you, but I love to sift through sites like Etsy and Ebay and Ruby Lane for antiques and creative finds to make my surroundings more beautiful. As mentioned in the post of the Greek Revival fireplace surround, I have a blue and white themed sitting room full of delft tiles and porcelain. I'm forever on the lookout for things that will work with it in the room, or simply add to the collection. Here are some of my most recent finds.

You'll note that the Etsy store of BordeauxBrocante comes up pretty frequently. A brocante is basically like the French version of an antiques market. I've just stumbled onto that one, and I'm hooked on the lovely items and impressed by the styling of the photos. One of the things I use these sites for is to compare and get a better understanding of what things are worth on the market, that way I know that I'm paying a fair price when I make the leap to purchasing anything. Some items, especially genuine pieces from the past, are really worth paying a little more because the quality is so good compared to similar mass-produced items today. 

Have items, stores, or sites you love? I'd love to know about them too! Want to keep them all to yourself? That's fair. Either way, happy hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Your Chateau

  With another successful Fetes Galante complete at the Chateau de Versailles, I thought we'd have a Versailles-themed FYC. Enjoy this d...