Wednesday, September 16, 2020

For Your Chateau- Textiles and Metal Decor


The ironic thing about this week's For Your Chateau is that some of the items are not actually available anymore. Just since taking this Etsy screen shot a few days ago several of the pieces shown have sold, like the Peter Rabbit book and the antique altar candlestick. Alas, the book was priced to sell, but the candlestick surprised me because it was a pretty penny, as we say. Just goes to show that if you love it, grab it!

Fortunately there are some lovely textiles with which to console myself, and what could be more quintessentially French than some Toile de Jouy...oops, that sold too. Well, here in the U.S. we just had Labor Day with its sales, and Etsy certainly was encouraging sellers to offer discounts, which obviously a lot of buyers found encouraging (myself included, see the previous post about the stomacher jewelry).

As much as I love books, I have put a moratorium on buying any more at present until I also buy some new bookshelves. My current ones are falling apart under the weight of the collection and I have literally piles of books in corners and stacked on tables. I'll just have to dream. On the bright side, that stomacher brooch should arrive today...

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Your Chateau

  With another successful Fetes Galante complete at the Chateau de Versailles, I thought we'd have a Versailles-themed FYC. Enjoy this d...