Saturday, September 5, 2020

For Your Chateau

 


In this week's installation of "For Your Chateau" we feature antique books and home decor and fine furnishings. These things are on my list in a confluence of past, present, and future. I'm a casual collector of antique books, in fact every time I go to London I pick up an antique book from Jarndyce booksellers across the street from the British Museum as my souvenir. I also decorate with a mix of antiques and antique-looking pieces as well as comfortable modern furnishings. I don't think I'll put the Louis XV chairs in my house at present, but they're a style I wouldn't mind owning for more formal spaces someday. The cabinet, on the other hand, is a much needed item that my dining room currently lacks, sadly all of my nice china and silver is in the confines of the guest room wardrobe until a proper cabinet can be acquired. 

The fire insert arrived just today to go inside of the mantle, which is still in the works, and it looks like I'll need a few more tiles to complete the filler detail between the  mantle and the insert, so one or two of these blue and white Delft-style tiles are going into the cart shortly. Don't worry, there are still some left if you'd like to get some too. 

I'll update with news of the mantle project hopefully soon. Until then happy shopping and happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Your Chateau

  With another successful Fetes Galante complete at the Chateau de Versailles, I thought we'd have a Versailles-themed FYC. Enjoy this d...