Friday, February 5, 2010

February 5, 1780



My beautiful Reinette has come home! She is the most precious thing I have ever seen, and loves to lay on my lap with her head on my wrist as I write. She seems to find this not in the slightest bit uncomfortable.

She has been crying at night, probably because she misses her mother and siblings, and so I let her sleep in the bed with me, only to regret it when she went on the blanket. Tonight I think I will try to make her sleep in her own bed. I shall certainly have to have us painted together.

If only Thierry were here to see her. No word from him yet.

Olympe, Comtesse

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Your Chateau

  With another successful Fetes Galante complete at the Chateau de Versailles, I thought we'd have a Versailles-themed FYC. Enjoy this d...