Sunday, April 4, 2010

April 3, 1780

I was fine for the party, and then I thought that the rich food after so little had made me ill, but after some days that does not seem to be the case. The doctor does not know what is wrong with me, but my mother delayed going home to her husband to heed his advice. We go momentarily to my cousin, Godefroy, the Duke of Bouillon's residence just outside of Paris. I wonder if he knows of the king's offer, and if so he may wish me dead more than usual, since I must take his title or he will inherit mine. Maman is coming, I must put down my pen. There is such a rush to remove me. What if Thierry should arrive and find...

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Your Chateau

  With another successful Fetes Galante complete at the Chateau de Versailles, I thought we'd have a Versailles-themed FYC. Enjoy this d...