Saturday, March 3, 2012

Regency Picnic Dress

Well I am excited, dear readers! For the first time I have an event to go to in costume. The Regency Society of Virginia has a picnic coming up at the end of May and I intend to attend. Of course, now I need to really get cracking on a proper Regency wardrobe. I was thinking of this:-
Instead of the parasol I may do simply a shawl, and in place of the strange runway-styling headdress a shading and lovely bonnet. Who doesn't love a bonnet? I'm a big fan of ice blue and tend to look well in it, so I'll likely leave the color scheme as it is.

Updates to come; oh, and I'm currently working on my portrait bracelets and a brise fan so I should have a post or two about that in the near future too.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope so! I have some light blue wool already that will probably do very well for the coat.

      Delete
  2. We look forward to seeing you there on the 19th, Comtesse!

    ReplyDelete