Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Trivia Monday!

What do you mean it's Tuesday already? I wish I could say that time was flying due to fun, but actually work looks to have me swamped for most of the summer. Last week I asked:- "This famous stylist was responsible for giving Marie-Antoinette her much-copied hairdos."

A Traveller in time and A Baronets Daughter both responded correctly that it was Leonard. Of course it was Leonard Autie, and I'm sure you all remember the fun and fabulous portrayal of him in Sofia Coppola's movie, Marie Antoinette. I, like the Duchess de Polignac, loved his hair.

This week I'm asking:- What was the name of the last naval battle that the French lost to the English during the American War of Independence?

2 comments:

  1. Was it the Battle of the Saintes/Dominica? The French called it Dominica and the English Saintes I gather. It was the one that made the French and Spanish give up their plan to take Jamaica.

    ReplyDelete

For Your Chateau

  With another successful Fetes Galante complete at the Chateau de Versailles, I thought we'd have a Versailles-themed FYC. Enjoy this d...