Thursday, October 1, 2020

For Your (Georgian) Wardrobe

 

I thought that this week, instead of focusing on items for your home, we'd shift to looking at some 18th-century appropriate items for your wardrobe. I used to have the beginnings of a fan collection, but found it an expensive hobby without much intrinsic use and was forced to abandon it in favor of more practical things. Like books, as evidenced by the new bookcase that arrives tomorrow. Still I can't help but put a few of these gorgeous examples on my wishlist for the day when I can be just that little bit frivolous again. 

Happily, not all of the purchasing I've done in the past has been for me, and we were originally scheduled to do an 18th century show this year at work. I spent two month of the summer working on it, only to have it Covid-cancelled. Sad panda. However, I had already ordered two absolutely stunning wigs from DecorumetBagatelle all the way from France. Someday we will do that show, and in the meantime they will be great examples for my students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Your Chateau

  With another successful Fetes Galante complete at the Chateau de Versailles, I thought we'd have a Versailles-themed FYC. Enjoy this d...