Friday, December 18, 2009

December 15th, 1779

It has been a day full of activity. First there was a full lever this morning, at which S- was absent yet again. I am convinced that I was mistaken in his attentions to me, and must look elsewhere for a husband. A few weeks ago I had many options, and now it appears I have none. This is likely due to the Menars incident.

I attended the salon of Marquise d'E-, who promised to have Comte F- there, but he was not. From there it was dinner at the Comtesse de R's, and then the Comedie, and back to Comtesse de R's for cards and a late supper. I tried to be of good cheer, but from the conversation of others I seem to have failed since nearly everyone asked me if I was well.

I cannot help but think that after a day such as this the quiet happiness of a book and T's conversation always made me feel better.

Olympe, Comtesse

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Your Chateau

  With another successful Fetes Galante complete at the Chateau de Versailles, I thought we'd have a Versailles-themed FYC. Enjoy this d...