Friday, March 12, 2010

March 11, 1780

I have been forbidden by the doctor from leaving my bed still, but was allowed my desk upon my lap with which to write. Purged, bled, and fed the most noxious broths I begin at last to recover from the illness which overcame me shortly after my last entry.

A letter from Christine rallied my spirits, as it always does. She has a new lover in Italy, and does not look to return to Paris anytime soon, for which I am sorry as I would dearly like to see her. My mother also writes that she wishes to visit and see Reinette, but I have not had an opportunity to respond. Reinette herself remains sweet, and grows quickly. She is unfortunately still relieving herself indoors, but I will address that when I am well.

Of Thierry there is some news in that he writes that he continues to impress his superiors in Lille, and they may send him back to Paris in the spring. Marianne tells me that the weather has warmed considerably, but it is very rainy of late so I have not been able to have the windows open.

I must rest some more.
Olympe, Comtesse

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Your Chateau

  With another successful Fetes Galante complete at the Chateau de Versailles, I thought we'd have a Versailles-themed FYC. Enjoy this d...