Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The obligatory apology post


Forgive me, dear friends, for my absence. I have been remiss in posting, it is true, but I have a good excuse. Much as Olympe searched for a home in Paris while preparing her reacquisition case, I have been trying to find an apartment in the DC area while working on my Masters thesis in southwest Virginia. The past week has been a whirlwind of visits to various properties, with and without my sweetie. Now I am back and focusing solely on the thesis. And my classes. And my mainstage show that opens in April. And packing.

Actually, I love packing; it's a chance to declutter while looking forward to positive change.

To make it up to all of you I have posted one of my favorite paintings; Elegante a sa Toilette by Michel-Garnier. He was a french painter (as you might have guessed) who lived from 1753-1819. Unfortunately there is very little information available on this artist, though all of his works are lovely.

1 comment:

  1. My Southern grandmother (as opposed to my English grandmother) was from southwest Virginia. I think her departure from there with her parents and siblings was an entirely different sort of journey than yours. A bit of that story is in my Cream Gravy post, I believe.

    ReplyDelete

For Your Chateau

  With another successful Fetes Galante complete at the Chateau de Versailles, I thought we'd have a Versailles-themed FYC. Enjoy this d...