Sunday, August 16, 2009

Hotel de Sully


I was going to post about the beautiful Roccoco building known as the Hotel de Sully, where Olympe is living during her stay in Paris. I was going to research it well and thoroughly and write up it's history, post pictures, etc. I was.
Then I found Msr. Louis La Vache's page and his wonderful article on the Hotel itself. http://frogblog-lavache.blogspot.com/2006/01/les-sites-de-paris-htel-de-sully.html#links
The only thing I have to add is that my research indicates that in 1779 the hotel was being let by the Sully family, and was therefore available to visiting aristocracy, thus Olympe's residence. For more information, especially for those in the area and wishing to visit, I recommend this walking tour site. http://www.paris-walking-tours.com/hoteldesully.html#top

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Your Chateau

  With another successful Fetes Galante complete at the Chateau de Versailles, I thought we'd have a Versailles-themed FYC. Enjoy this d...