Monday, January 11, 2010

January 11, 1780



I am almost convinced that I will never gamble again, if not for the certain knowledge that I cannot hold to that. I have lost considerably tonight at R's, and he was kind enough to include T- in the invitation, which gives me great hope that we will not be entirely outcast when our marriage is announced.

The staymaker is coming tomorrow to fit me for a new pair of stays, since I have found no one outside of Paris that I trust to make them fit properly. Once they are done, as well as my last wig and my new travel outfit I will order nothing more.

To my great comfort, but little surprise, Pauline is not at all distressed to be leaving her new husband, Robert, behind. She will, with some apparent trepidation, be returning to her mother when we reach Saint Saturnin, where I believe she will be well cared for; she and her child.

Planning for the masquerade continue apace, but I have been disappointed in the number of guests who have responded positively so far; I had hoped for so many more, but perhaps they will respond tomorrow.

Olympe, Comtesse

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Your Chateau

  With another successful Fetes Galante complete at the Chateau de Versailles, I thought we'd have a Versailles-themed FYC. Enjoy this d...