Friday, July 24, 2009

July 22, 1779



Today I had a hairdresser come to Saint Saturnin and give a lesson to all of my maids on how to properly dress hair. He tried to suggest that I take him with me to Paris, but while I'm sure he knows his craft and can teach my ladies, I trust those already established in the city to be more fashionable. Marianne was quite taken with her new skills, and practiced pleasantly for hours afterwards. I did purchase more powder as it is probably less expensive here.

Maman writes in a kinder tone that we must visit the theatre together while we are in town, which I'm sure we shall many times. The frivolity I look forward to most is having the newest clothes made, and seeing what the most fashionable people are wearing. The shop tells me that Marianne and Pauline's clothes are on their way to me, so they are looking forward to that as I informed them of its imminent arrival this morning.

I have permitted myself the expense of commissioning a very young writer to draw up a new history of the De la Tour d'Auvergne family, with the hope that by the time he is finished it may have some new members. I am very hopeful these days.
Olympe, Comtesse

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Your Chateau

  With another successful Fetes Galante complete at the Chateau de Versailles, I thought we'd have a Versailles-themed FYC. Enjoy this d...