Sunday, July 5, 2009

July 4, 1779



I continue to be rather weak and ill, but count on regaining my strength shortly as I am returning home to Saint Saturnin tomorrow. I have no idea if I shall return once recovered, but it may provide a very good opportunity to excuse myself for the remainder of the summer; the better to prepare for my journey next month.

A letter from Mme. Le Sang-Boeuf informs me that amongst other properties the Hotel de Sully is available and so I have written her to request details and may settle there. Located on the Place Royale, it should provide adequate access to the city while still being private enough for my pleasure. If furnished I will likely only need to purchase a few items and provide some servants.

I attended mass this morning, and took the precaution of asking the priest to hear my confession. Marianne has packed nearly all of my things, and anything else we can send for if needed. I sent a note to T- informing him of my imminent arrival, and so hopefully he will be at Saint Saturnin to visit me. I believe that his company would greatly improve my spirits as well as my health.

Olympe, Comtesse

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Your Chateau

  With another successful Fetes Galante complete at the Chateau de Versailles, I thought we'd have a Versailles-themed FYC. Enjoy this d...