Tuesday, June 30, 2009

June 22, 1779


My chemises arrived today! One with the wide square neck and tight sleeves I requested for under my anglaises, and one with a drawstring neckline and full sleeves. I am well pleased, and look forward to the arrival of my new quilted petticoat next, followed by the mantelet.

Embroidered outside for several hours today, as the weather was only cloudy at times and the air was cool with a nice breeze. It was just a tad too windy to paint outside, but I did accomplish one miniature of myself with the aid of a mirror, but I am not satisfied with it.

Had a very large dinner and sang with the other guests, before retiring for a brief nap and some letter-writing. I wrote to T-, and M. Poisson at Versailles, whom I know from my last sojourn there, and who may be able to help me get my suit to the king’s attention.
Olympe, Comtesse

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Your Chateau

  With another successful Fetes Galante complete at the Chateau de Versailles, I thought we'd have a Versailles-themed FYC. Enjoy this d...